Musician Hearing Protection
Music listeners and Musicians
While some earphones/headphones available for the iPhone/iPod/iPad are great, most fall into the pretty good category. But all of them are light years better than the earbuds that come standard with your device. The difference is that noticeable. This is not a review for you who are still using earbuds, unless you KNOW how awful they are. This review is for you who already have a decent pair of earphones and want to move on to a higher level. And one way to do that is to go custom
If you are unaware of what exactly custom means in earphones is to think about the last time you saw a performer live or on TV. Today, the majority of musicians have what looks like bad hearing aids in both ears. Those aren’t hearing aids and they are most definitely not bad. They are earphones that are custom molded to their ears.
See, ears are like fingerprints. No two are alike. The advantages to acquiring custom earphones are obvious: They will fit you, and no one else… perfectly. The not-so-obvious advantages are increased noise isolation and better bass response. And your friends can’t borrow them (they won’t fit)! If you are still listening to those supplied free earbuds and think you are happy with the sound, please, oh please do yourself a favor and invest (at minimum) $60 and upgrade to earphones. A whole new world will open up to you. But be warned: Once you get a taste of that aural sweetness, you’re going to want more and better audio sugar… much like the custom ones have to offer. Nothing beats the sound and quality from custom.
Eartech Audiology offers Earphones and Custom Stage Monitors and headphones.
Custom Monitors: Music has never been more personal, thanks to Custom Stage Monitors. Their natural, balanced sound and pure, rich tones give you total control of your stage mix. Custom fit for your ears, they block out unwanted noise and eliminate the need for traditional stage wedge monitors.
Custom Headphones: Ideal for MP3 players, gaming devices, computers and more, Custom Audio Monitors provide pure listening enjoyment. They are custom-fit precisely for your ears to block out unwanted noise and deliver the ultimate in comfort and crystal-clear sound clarity.
Additional Hearing Protection Products:
Hunting, shooting, and sudden noise. A filter instantaneously closes when damaging noise levels are reached. Allows essentially normal hearing at all other times.
Ideal for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals. Allows wearer to hear sounds accurately but at reduced levels. Have 3 filter options: 9dB, 15dB or 25dB.
For swimming and showering – and they FLOAT! Also provide superb noise reduction.
- Offers comfortable and uninterrupted rest.
- Great for shift workers and credited with saving many relationships!
- Designed with a hollow canal for under helmet use to reduce wind buffeting.
- Comfortable and easy to remove.
- Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Ideal for high-noise industrial environments.
For use with any bud/button style earphones.
- Amplification for situational awareness.
- Noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
- Game mode: Optimized for intermittent shots.
- Clay mode: Optimized for continued shots.
- Normal mode: provides standard Digital 1 features.
- Wind Reduction mode: Ideal for shooting in windy conditions.